The Rexing V1 Basic is an excellent dash cam for capturing footage of your drives. Its small size and discreet design make it the perfect choice for those who want to keep their dashboard camera out of sight. In addition, the V1 Basic captures high-definition footage, has decent sound quality and is a reliable device. It’s also easy to use, making it an excellent choice for beginner drivers.
Is the Rexing V1 Basic 1080p Dash Cam a Price-Performance Product?
The Rexing V1 Basic 1080p dash cam is an excellent choice for drivers who want a security-style dashboard camera without paying a lot of money. The V1 Basic 1080p dash cam is one of the most affordable dashboard cameras on the market today, but don’t let its low price fool you—the V1 Basic 1080p dash cam still offers a high-quality video experience and the reliability you expect from a brand like Rexing. In addition, the V1 Basic 1080p dash cam is designed to be discreet and out of the way, so you don’t have to worry about drilling holes in your vehicle or having an unsightly dashboard camera. The V1 Basic 1080p dash cam is also an excellent choice for drivers who want.
How to set up Rexing V1 Basic 1080p Dash Cam?
Here’s how to set it up to get the most out of your Rexing V1 Basic. First, mount it on your car’s windshield to point in the direction you want the camera to capture events. Second, connect the cable to your car’s 12V power port, and plug the other end into the camera’s micro-USB port. Finally, insert a micro-SD card into the camera, and you’re ready to record!
- The Rexing V1 Basic 1080p dash cam offers high-definition footage, clear sound and is a reliable device overall. It also comes with a variety of recording modes, including 1080p at 30fps, 480p at 60fps, and 720p at 30fps.
- Unlike other dash cams, the Rexing V1 Basic 1080p dash cam is best suited for windshield mounting instead of suction cup mounting.
- The V1 Basic 1080p has all the features you need in a dash cam, including a built-in G-sensor, in-built video manager, and a loop recording system.
- It also comes with a 2-year warranty and provides automatic firmware updates.
- You can set it and forget it to keep your eyes on the road.
- The Rexing v1 uses a standard Type-C USB connection, which is disappointing considering the price point.
- The camera is also a little on the bulky side, making it better suited to being mounted on the front or back of your vehicle than on the windshield.
- It lacks some of the features and versatility of more advanced dash cams, such as a G-sensor or audio recording.
- The biggest downside to the Rexing v1 Basic is its limited video quality. Rexing only offers footage in 1080p, which is considerably lower resolution than most dash cams on the market today. This can make videos taken with the Rexing v1 Basic appear grainy and low-quality compared to those captured by other tested models. This is especially apparent when driving at night or in low-light conditions, so we recommend the Rexing v1 over other models when maximum video quality is a priority.
Where to Buy Rexing V1 Basic 1080p Dash Cam?
You can purchase the Rexing V1 Basic 1080p dash cam in various places, including Amazon, eBay, and in-store at local electronics retailers such as Best Buy. The exact model I tested was the V1R-BK-1CH-FHD-BK, which can often be sold for under $50. For example, the current price on Amazon is $39.99. The official website also offers various options, including different styles and colors, at similar low prices.
The Rexing V1 Basic is a good choice for those in the market for a security-style dashboard camera. Its small size and discreet appearance are better suited for a windshield installation, and the device provides high-definition footage, clear sound, and consistent performance. The V1 Basic captures footage in 1080p at 30fps, and it is equipped with a wide-angle lens to capture as much of the road as possible. In addition, you can set it to record when it detects motion, which helps save on storage space.